The Future Fashion Design Contest is a design competition open to anyone and takes place before the Costume Con 37 convention. The FFF Design Competition is open to everyone. You do not have to have a membership to the convention, or be affiliated with any costuming group or organization to enter the contest. Winners are selected by a panel of judges and are then published in the Future Fashion Folio.
Members of Costume-Con may choose to make a design for the Future Fashion Show, which occurs during the convention. You do not need to be a member of Costume-Con 37 to submit designs. However, you must be a member of Costume-Con 37 to make up a design for the Future Fashion Show.
- All entries must be original designs.
- You may submit as many designs as you wish.
- Designs will be judged solely on the creative merit of design, not the quality of the drawing.
- Deadline for entry is September 1, 2018
- Final electronic time-stamp or postmark must read September 1, 2018.
- Primary designs must be submitted in black and white, line art, inked images on white background.
- Shaded and colored variations may be included but are Not Required.
- Each design may include a description which identifies the source or inspiration, if any, construction notes, color and fabric preferences, and/or explanations of any details to help the judges and makers.
Submit Design by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send only one design per e-mail.
- Digital or Scanned images must be at least 300 dpi
- Submissions must be single layer and not animated in .jpg, .tiff, .png, or .gif format. Please ask us for other formats.
- Body of email must include: Name of Design, Name of Designer or handle.
You may also include:
- Shaded and colored variations labelled as “ x of [design title]”
- A description, construction notes, color and fabric preferences, or explanations of any details to help the judges and makers.
- Send entries to: email@example.com
Below are examples of designs published in the Future Fashion Folio, then created for the Future Fashion Folio Show.
Photo credits: Sheila Perry, Karen O’Malley